Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Riyadh King Khalid International Airport or KKIA Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals and Delays), Parking, Car Hire, Hotels near the airport and other information about Riyadh airport. Plan your travel to RUH Airport with the information provided in this site.
Riyadh King Khalid International Airport (IATA: RUH, ICAO: OERK) is located 35 kilometers north of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The airport serves the city of Riyadh, the capital of the country. Is the second biggest airport in Saudi Arabia, after Jeddah airport.
At Riyadh airport there are operative 3 terminals: 1, 2 and 5, together with the Royal Terminal. Terminals 1, 2 and 5 link to each other by walkways. The complex has different facilities as cafés, restaurants, hotels and rent-a-car companies, banks, medical assistance and shops.
- Terminal 1: It is used for international flights with the exception of Air France, Saudia, Korean Air and Middle East Airlines (Skyteam members and flynas). Since the opening of Terminal 5, Terminal 1 operates the arrivals and departures of international flights.
- Terminal 2: It is used for international flights with the exception of the flynas members and Skyteam. Since the opening of Terminal 5, and as well as Terminal 1, T2 operates the departures and arrivals of international flights.
- Terminal 3: Currently inoperative. It was used to operate with domestic flights.
- Terminal 4: Inoperative as well. There is a project to open it on the future.
- Terminal 5 (Domestic): The newest at the airport, opened in 2016. Handles domestic flights and links with 5 different destinations in Saudi Arabia. The terminal links with the other ones via a shuttle bus service (runs every 10 minutes approx.). It also links directly with the metro and has a parking garage with more than 3,700 parking spaces.
Three linking buildings connect the terminals with lots of facilities and services. The land area allocated for this airport is among the largest in the world.
Intra Terminals Transport: all the operative terminals at the airport are connected by moving walkways, or Shuttle bus service (Terminal 5).
To get around from Riyadh there are various options. Please, be aware that women are not allowed to drive in public roads in Saudi Arabia.
- Taxis: it is one of the most efficient ways to get around from Ruh airport. If there is no taximeter, make an agreement with the taxi driver. Rate to downtown Riyad should be around 100-200. It is recommended to have written the address of your destination in english and arabic.
- Car Rental: various agencies provide car rental service. Check the best option for you here.
- Shuttle Service: various hotels located in the vicinities from the airport offers free shuttle service. It is recommended to ask to your hotel to know if it is available the service for you.
- Metro: the new terminal 5 links with the Yellow Line (L4) of the metro. There are 3 stations that links with Line 6 and one that links with Line 1.
- The Central Control Tower is one of the world's tallest.
- The Royal Terminal is only used for Saudi Royal family and the Kingdoms Guests.
- There is a current expansion in the airport to increase the capacity to 25 million passengers and to built a new terminal.
- There is a mosque, 4 Terminals and 2 runways.
- The mosque is the most important structure on the airport.
Address: Airport Road, King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh, 13463, Saudi Arabia
Telephone: +966 11 221 1000